From One Believer To Another

From One Believer to Another

If this is your first time visiting this blog, “Welcome!”

As you read, I pray you’ll not see me as being angry at anyone. Firm at times with some, I’ll agree with that. I know that no matter what a person has gone through, things they’ve said or done, or still doing for that matter, there’s a 50/50 chance of my having sought forgiveness for doing the exact same thing at one time or another. I know the battle is not against flesh and blood my friend.

Throughout this blog you will find me quoting things heard on the radio. You’ll not find the names of those who said these things in the posts. I do document their names, the date, time, and radio station call sign on my copy of the original document. I do not publish these details because our mission should be to expose the false teachings not to personally attack the person.

If you should continue reading my friend, you will find the Anthanasian Creed being exposed for what it is, a false doctrine. The word of God having the final say. My trusting in He who knows hears and sees all things, the God of the [Bible].

Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Back And Forth Over John 20:17

I heard someone who was promoting a book on the local “Christian” radio station. I’m not going to give the title of the book, because it would reveal who the author is. It was the title of the book that led me to search for contact information for this individual. I sent them the John 20:17 question. After reading John 20:17 (NKJV)), would you say Jesus’s God and Father and your God and Father are one and the same? Here’s the beginning of their response to this question: “Good question. The answer is yes, but with clarifications. First, it does not mean that we are God like Jesus is God. He alone is the God-Man. No other man has been or ever will be God or a god, contrary to what Mormons and others say. Next, I agree with what most evangelical theologians say about John 20:17.” These so called “clarifications” were related to “the Son is God” the “Trinity,” and according to this individual, “This is what Jesus had in mind when he spoke to Mary Magdalene in John 20:17.” Here’s my reply: I was happy to read your response “yes,” because it’s absolutely Biblically correct. You “agree with what most evangelical theologians say about John 20:17.” I don’t. I’m not going to interpret what Jesus had in mind when he spoke to Mary Magdalene. I’m going to take Him at His word. After exchanging a few more e-mails back and forth I received: “Please read my book before you send another email. And remember John 8:24.” Here’s my reply: My salvation has absolutely nothing to do with your book. I don’t care whether others believe what I believe. I care whether they believe what the Bible says. Your message isn’t about the Biblical Jesus. There’s a zero percent chance of finding the Biblical Jesus, in the works of those leaning on a misguided view of who Jesus is. I’ve sent this question to many: Would you say the person confessing Jesus is the Son of God, the Lord and the Savior of their life, saved according to the Scriptures, and rejects the Anthanasian Creed altogether, is saved? When I say “rejects the Anthanasian Creed altogether” I mean, treat the Anthanasian Creed as if it never existed at all. As one who loves Jesus, and who’s not ashamed to tell others about Him, I would say the person is saved. Using whatever material is available to you, prove that I’m wrong. Find Jesus, the Biblical Jesus. God bless. In His Care… Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment