From One Believer To Another

From One Believer to Another

If this is your first time visiting this blog, “Welcome!”

As you read, I pray you’ll not see me as being angry at anyone. Firm at times with some, I’ll agree with that. I know that no matter what a person has gone through, things they’ve said or done, or still doing for that matter, there’s a 50/50 chance of my having sought forgiveness for doing the exact same thing at one time or another. I know the battle is not against flesh and blood my friend.

Throughout this blog you will find me quoting things heard on the radio. You’ll not find the names of those who said these things in the posts. I do document their names, the date, time, and radio station call sign on my copy of the original document. I do not publish these details because our mission should be to expose the false teachings not to personally attack the person.

If you should continue reading my friend, you will find the Anthanasian Creed being exposed for what it is, a false doctrine. The word of God having the final say. My trusting in He who knows hears and sees all things, the God of the [Bible].

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Responding to a letter from TW

Peace and blessings from the God and Father of our Lord and Savior, Messiah Yeshua!
I received an interesting response to my book and the letter titled The GREEK SYSTEM and the DANGERS of FOLLOWING IT. If this is your first time on my blog, I would suggest you read that letter before continuing on. My book clearly establishes who Yeshua is to me. Yeshua is everything the inspired word of God (NKJV) says He is…the Son of God!
I’m going to respond to some of the questions and statements from the letter I received from TW. She also sent with her letter (3) printed out pamphlets:
·         The Trinity: UNDERSTANDING THE BIBLICAL DOCTRINE OF THE TRINITY     Pages  1 - 17
·         FACING THE MUSLIM CHALLEGE: Chapter Two…The Doctrine of the Trinity…The Christian Doctrine of God     Pages 1- 13
·         Deity of Jesus Christ by Rueben A. Torrey—Biblical Doctrine—Wholesome Words   Pages  1- 8
Well, I commend your willingness to stand up for what you believe...job well done TW!
I remember those days well…defending the Trinity that is. Your pamphlets were very familiar to me, don’t forget, my battle was decades long.
It was the Spirit of God that set me free from the doctrines of Man.
Question: “Why did you skip over Hebrews 1: 8 in your explanation of your belief?”
My response: Hebrews 1: 8 (NKJV) reads: But to the Son He says: “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.”
·         Hebrews 6: 13-14 (NKJV) reads: For when God made a promise to Abraham, because He could swear to no one greater, He swore by Himself, saying, (14) “Surely blessings I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply you.”
God is not going to say one thing and then contradict Himself and then return back to what he started to say… God had no one or anything else that He could identify or even compare His throne with, so…He said it of Himself. Go back and read Hebrews 1: 5 and 9 and you’ll clearly see that God is greater than His Son and there’s an audience there to back me up; somehow…someway…someone wrote it down.
TW, you wrote: “I don’t think it is wise to disregard the scholarly works of men and women of the faith, who have a better grasp of the hebrew & greek cultures and linguistics.”
·         I agree in the need to investigate, but to say anyone has more “Scholarly works” than another is foolishness. Understanding of a Biblical truth comes from the Spirit of God and the Spirit of God alone! When Yeshua spoke in Matthew 12: 42 (NKJV) He mentioned the wisdom of Solomon and then went on to say “And indeed a greater than Solomon is here.” If you wish to be correct in your remark “A better grasp”, I would recommend you know fully the wisdom of all parties involved. If you’re going to judge people based on their earthly accomplishments without investigating their works, please leave me out…all I have is Yeshua! I KNOW God sent Him to show me where, when, and how to please His Father…God…why should I look any further than Yeshua? He’s pretty clear to me and the Umpire of Truth will keep me on the right path.
TW, you wrote: “The reason He was crucified was because He claimed to be God.”
·         Yeshua was sent to the cross because the people said He (Yeshua) claimed to be the Son of God. Yeshua was correct in His claim…He is the Son of God; show me one verse where Yeshua says He is God. Yeshua said “I and the Father are one.” If I accept Yeshua as the Son of God, and I do, then I am one with God through Yeshua. That’s God’s plan my friend. Yeshua went to the cross to die for the sin of the world.
Question: “Do you even believe the Holy Spirit has personhood or do you think He is just an it, like the essence or aura of God?”
·         See:  Who is the Holy Spirit on my blog; which was posted before I received your letter.
I give thanks and praise to the One…the God of Israel
Thank you for your response. I will not pursue the wisdom of Man, been there, wore the t-shirts, had the hats…no more!! It’s all about Yeshua for me. Yeshua is the way, the truth and the life…”Nuff said!”
That my friend is love…God’s way…In His Merciful and Loving Care…Jim


2 comments:

  1. Relying on the "Holy Spirit" by saying He told me this or that allows for ANYONE to claim authority about what the bible says without any credibility and/or accuracy. Is the Jesus of the Jehovah's Witness correct, or is the Morman's view of Jesus? Or are they both wrong? Each of those leaders claim to have been recipients of divine revelation as to the interpretation of who Jesus is? Jim, your "Yeshua" is closer to the JW.

    "Everyone has a right to their own opinion, but no one has a right to be wrong about their facts."

    I notice an ANTI SCHOLARSHIP trend with some of your comments. If two well meaning people/believers say two OPPOSITE things, then who is right/wrong?

    What is the CRITERIA for determining who the LORD spoke to? Raise the stakes... What if salvation depends on knowing the correct interpretation?

    I believe God speaks to us, but this must always be weighed with Scripture.

    Much of the bible is in plain language and can be readily understood -- especially narrative passages. But there are different types of literature in the bible and each need to be understood from that perspective. The Gospels are different than the Proverbs which are different than Revelation. We understand so much more with a modern translation because someone has already translated the original words into our own language (i.e. English). It is obeying what we already know that is often the problem! However, it is critical to know the proper CONTEXT -- language, grammar, culture, date of writing to fully grasp some passages. Without this understanding we do not understand God's revelation to us and we are in danger of being a FALSE TEACHER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comparing me to another's denomination...Wow! I need to work out my own salvation with fear and trembling.I'm certainly capable of picking up a stone...the Spirit of God tells me to drop it and walk away.
    ANTI SCHOLASHIP trend??? Not at all...you have a right to your opinion.
    What is the CRITERIA??? I know the Spirit of God lives in me...your last(lengthly)paragraph would be and is a HUGE RED FLAG to me...Man-Man-and more Man. I can safely say Anthanasius is a FALSE TEACHER. It's all about Yeshua and nothing else matters and the Spirit of God will remind me of all He said and done.
    In His Care...Jim

    ReplyDelete