From One Believer To Another

From One Believer to Another

If this is your first time visiting this blog, “Welcome!”

As you read, I pray you’ll not see me as being angry at anyone. Firm at times with some, I’ll agree with that. I know that no matter what a person has gone through, things they’ve said or done, or still doing for that matter, there’s a 50/50 chance of my having sought forgiveness for doing the exact same thing at one time or another. I know the battle is not against flesh and blood my friend.

Throughout this blog you will find me quoting things heard on the radio. You’ll not find the names of those who said these things in the posts. I do document their names, the date, time, and radio station call sign on my copy of the original document. I do not publish these details because our mission should be to expose the false teachings not to personally attack the person.

If you should continue reading my friend, you will find the Anthanasian Creed being exposed for what it is, a false doctrine. The word of God having the final say. My trusting in He who knows hears and sees all things, the God of the [Bible].

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Jesus Knew A Lot Of Things, But He Didn't Know All Things

“That you may with one mind and with one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.”  Romans 15:6 (NKJV)

In the precious and beautiful name of Messiah Yeshua “Jesus,” greetings.

And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God.” John 20:28 (NKJV)

Whenever you read John 20:28 in the [Bible], keep this one thing in mind.  There are those that believe Jesus is God because after Thomas said “My Lord and my God (John 20:28),” Jesus didn’t correct Thomas.  Not only is there no evidence of Jesus correcting Thomas in the [Bible] concerning this matter, there’s no evidence of Jesus being God in it either.

“But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.” Mark 13:32 (NKJV)

According to Mark 13:32 “Nor the Son,” Jesus [doesn’t] know all things.  “The Son,” Jesus knows that He is the Son of God.

Now we are sure that You know all things, and have no need that anyone should question You. By this we believe that You came forth from God.” John 16:30 (NKJV)

Jesus didn’t correct the individual that said, in John 16:30,Now we are sure that You know all things.”  Don’t forget, Jesus admits to not knowing all things in Mark 13:32 (NKJV).

He said to him the third time, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?” Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, “Do you love Me?” And he said to Him, “Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You.” Jesus said to him, “Feed My sheep.” John 21:15-17 (NKJV)

After “Peter” said, in what’s known to us today as John 21:15-17, Lord, You know all things,” there’s no evidence of Jesus correcting Peter” either.

Now Thomas, called the Twin, one of the twelve, was not with them when Jesus came. The other disciples therefore said to him, “We have seen the Lord.” So he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.” John 20:24-25 (NKJV)

If I had to guess, I’d say Thomas witnessed Jesus’ death on a cross, “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side.” It was these things Thomas needed to see before him believing the others, “We have seen the Lord (John 20:24-25).”

Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works.” John 14:10 (NKJV)

Is it possible that Thomas [finally] figured out what’s known to us today as John 14:10?  As Thomas is [looking] at “my Lord” Jesus, he [now] understands that Jesus is telling him the one doing “the works, is the Father who dwells in” Jesus, and that the Father is “my God,” Thomas’ God.  I’d say it’s not only possible, but the [Biblical] evidence of it being so makes it very difficult to prove otherwise.  Unlike the Anthanasian Creed which totally depends on accepting hearsay as [Biblical] truths, the [Bible] continues to be trustworthy as is.  Jesus knew who was doing, “the works (John 14:10).”

Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, ‘I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.’” John 20:17 (NKJV) 

The [Bible] doesn’t tell us why Thomas said “My Lord and my God (John 20:28).”  After reading John 20:17, do you see Jesus correcting the person saying Peter’s God isn’t His God and Father, too?  I don’t.

And truly Jesus did many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book; but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name. John 20:30-31 (NKJV) 

We spend far too much time worrying about/trying to make sense of what is not spelled out in the bible instead of focusing on what is clearly stated in the bible.  The verses John 14:10, 16:30, 20:17, 20:24-25, 20:28 and 21:15-17 are in the [Bible], so we “may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God (John 20:30-31).”  

Here’s some sound [Biblical] advice, the gospel of John was given to us for one reason and one reason alone, so we “may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God (John 20:30-31).”  I wouldn’t look at any other way, if I were you.

God bless.

In His Care… Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment