From One Believer To Another

From One Believer to Another

If this is your first time visiting this blog, “Welcome!”

As you read, I pray you’ll not see me as being angry at anyone. Firm at times with some, I’ll agree with that. I know that no matter what a person has gone through, things they’ve said or done, or still doing for that matter, there’s a 50/50 chance of my having sought forgiveness for doing the exact same thing at one time or another. I know the battle is not against flesh and blood my friend.

Throughout this blog you will find me quoting things heard on the radio. You’ll not find the names of those who said these things in the posts. I do document their names, the date, time, and radio station call sign on my copy of the original document. I do not publish these details because our mission should be to expose the false teachings not to personally attack the person.

If you should continue reading my friend, you will find the Anthanasian Creed being exposed for what it is, a false doctrine. The word of God having the final say. My trusting in He who knows hears and sees all things, the God of the [Bible].

Friday, October 5, 2018

Planting Seeds


“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.” 1 Peter 1:3 (NKJV)

In the precious and beautiful name of Messiah Yeshua “Jesus,” greetings.

Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel land and sea to win one proselyte, and when he is won, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves.” Matthew 23:15 (NKJV)

It’s Friday night.  Reading in the newspaper that a well-known Evangelist was going to speak at the local church, Steve makes plans to attend the meeting.  A few of Steve’s friends, who unlike Steve confess to be believers in Jesus Christ, notice Steve entering the church.  To Steve’s surprise, thousands of others were there to hear this Evangelist speak as well.  Steve doesn’t recognize anyone in the crowd.

The Evangelist begins by saying, “If there’s one person here that doesn’t believe in Jesus, I pray that person listens very carefully to what I have to say.  The eternal destiny of your soul hangs in the balance.  There’s only two choices my friend, heaven or hell.  Let’s pray.” 

The speaker’s message was spot on, straight from the [Bible], believe in Jesus Christ and you will be saved.  Not a single mention of anything remotely relating to the Anthanasian Creed.

Fast forward to Sunday.  Upon entering the church again, Steve is seen by those same friends that witnessed him going into the meeting on Friday.  Steve approaches them, saying, “What are you doing here?”  

One responded, “What are we doing here isn’t the question.  It’s what were you doing here on Friday night?  We’re members of this church.” 

Steve replied, with great joy, “Remember the opening prayer?  If there’s one person that doesn’t believe in Jesus?  As you know, that was me.  Not anymore because now I’m heaven bound, saved, and looking to learn more about Jesus.” 

One of the other friends said, “We have fifteen minutes before church begins, let us introduce you to the pastor.”  

“Okay,” said Steve. 

After a brief introduction Steve heard, from the pastor, “Evangelist travel from place to place.  We call it, planting seeds.  They don’t have time to preach the gospel message, in its entirety.  That’s why we need to get connected to a local church, to get the rest of the story so to speak.” 

“I understand.  That’s why I’m here today,” said Steve. 

“I’m glad you’re here Steve and after the service I hope to see you again.” said the pastor.

After the service Steve sought out the Pastor.  “Steve, how did you like the service?” asked the pastor. 

“I’m confused,” said Steve.

“Confused?” questioned the pastor.

“The one that you said planted seeds, didn’t mention anything about having to believe the Anthanasian Creed to be saved,” said Steve.

“Athanasius is an important figure in the history of the church,” said the pastor.

“You were there Friday night because you introduced the speaker.  You heard my confession at the end of it all.  How I’m going to look to the cross of Jesus Christ and nothing else.  What took place in this very church on Friday night, is the [beginning] of my story,” said Steve.

“I heard it all,” said the pastor.

Would you say it would have been better for Steve, if he had stayed home on Sunday?  Consider that Jesus said, “For you travel land and sea to win one proselyte.”  I say no because the Pastor ended up being the one having to listen very carefully to, what Steve had to say.

God bless.
In His Care… Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment