From One Believer To Another

From One Believer to Another

If this is your first time visiting this blog, “Welcome!”

As you read, I pray you’ll not see me as being angry at anyone. Firm at times with some, I’ll agree with that. I know that no matter what a person has gone through, things they’ve said or done, or still doing for that matter, there’s a 50/50 chance of my having sought forgiveness for doing the exact same thing at one time or another. I know the battle is not against flesh and blood my friend.

Throughout this blog you will find me quoting things heard on the radio. You’ll not find the names of those who said these things in the posts. I do document their names, the date, time, and radio station call sign on my copy of the original document. I do not publish these details because our mission should be to expose the false teachings not to personally attack the person.

If you should continue reading my friend, you will find the Anthanasian Creed being exposed for what it is, a false doctrine. The word of God having the final say. My trusting in He who knows hears and sees all things, the God of the [Bible].

Wednesday, March 4, 2020

The Happiest I Have Ever Been


Grace, mercy, and truth will be with you from God the Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love. 2 John 3 (NKJV)

In the precious and beautiful name of Messiah Yeshua “Jesus,” greetings.

When I look back on my life, thinking about what it cost to get me to where I am today, the happiest I have ever been, I see a person that didn’t understand the significance of relationships.  I had plenty of friendships along the way but I just couldn’t get to where I understood, that there was something to gain from them.  I’m not blaming others for this lack of understanding but in my youth, I never heard the words “I love you.”  Whether towards me or towards someone else I never heard my parents, neighbors or my foster families say the words I love you.  My mother would tell me, on more than one occasion that I was special.  I wish I would have known then what I came to [understand] about my mother, who has gone to be with Jesus.  I could describe my mother for you, with just a few words.  The most peaceable person I have ever met.

In December, 2019, I was offered a 20 to 25-minute interview on a radio show.  These individuals were interested in hearing more about my second book, Yeshua’s God is God.  As much as I wanted to say “Yes” to them, I knew there was something I had to do first.  I’ve been [struggling] dealing with it for quite some time but at the same time I knew it was something I would [eventually] have to reveal my past wrong doing.

My testimony is one of my creating one mess after another while desperately trying to do God’s will.  I don’t understand why I do things I do, contrary to what’s right in God’s eye, but let’s face it, we’re all human.  This post is evidence of my wanting to do the right thing, the right way.  I do consider this particular wrong doing, which took place more than twenty years ago, to be the one thing I regret the most.

Just shy of twenty years ago, looking to catch up on lost time, I showed my brother some pictures of places I have been and things that I have done.  It wasn’t intentional on my part, having my car in one of the pictures, but I noticed my brother paying [very] close attention to the [not so easy to read] license plate number.  He actually read it aloud, correctly.  My brother was a police officer at the time.  Whether he “investigated” me and found the incident or not, I don’t know.  Nothing was ever said about what I knew he would find, if he did.  He has since gone on to be with Jesus so I will never know for sure.  This will be the first time anyone has heard about it from me.  I won’t tell why I did what I did, because the only way to describe it is [without doubt] stupidity on my part.

I’m going to begin at the end of the story, because the [only] two people I needed forgiveness from, forgave me separately way back then.

It was on a Sunday evening, at church, the pastor was aware of my situation, but I didn’t know how much of it he knew.  The pastor was present when one of the two forgave me.  The pastor had just invited those needing prayer to come forward.  I was one of the many that went forward that day.

Recognizing it to be the voice of the second person, his hand resting gently on my shoulder, I heard the answer to my prayer, “I forgive you.”  Placing my hand over his, I replied, “Thank you.”  He also had a few [encouraging] kind words to say, but I can’t recall them with 100% accuracy. 

My wrong doing was that I forged this individual’s signature to two checks that I made out to myself, for what I believe to be a combined total of two hundred dollars.

Once what I did came to light, I voluntarily went to the police station where I confessed and received a second chance.  I payed back the money in full and received forgiveness from both parties (both firm believers in Jesus Christ).  I knew I would never do anything like that again.  There’s [absolutely] no reason to disrespect the property of others, which includes their [God given] time here on earth, whether they’re believers in Jesus Christ or not.

I want to thank God for sending His Son, Jesus, who on a cross demonstrated His love for me, that this sin of mine is forgiven.  Hardly a day goes by when I don’t hear “I love you” from her, who I also thank God for, my lovely wife Susan.  These are the reasons, for my being the happiest I have ever been.  

God bless.
In His Care… Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment