From One Believer To Another

From One Believer to Another

If this is your first time visiting this blog, “Welcome!”

As you read, I pray you’ll not see me as being angry at anyone. Firm at times with some, I’ll agree with that. I know that no matter what a person has gone through, things they’ve said or done, or still doing for that matter, there’s a 50/50 chance of my having sought forgiveness for doing the exact same thing at one time or another. I know the battle is not against flesh and blood my friend.

Throughout this blog you will find me quoting things heard on the radio. You’ll not find the names of those who said these things in the posts. I do document their names, the date, time, and radio station call sign on my copy of the original document. I do not publish these details because our mission should be to expose the false teachings not to personally attack the person.

If you should continue reading my friend, you will find the Anthanasian Creed being exposed for what it is, a false doctrine. The word of God having the final say. My trusting in He who knows hears and sees all things, the God of the [Bible].

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Sounding Good to the Pastor, Doesn't Make It Good for You

“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,” Simon Peter, son of Jonah, 1 Peter 1:3 (NKJV)

In the precious and beautiful name of Messiah Yeshua “Jesus,” greetings.

So when they had eaten breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me more than these?” He said to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I love You.” He said to him, “Feed My lambs.”

He said to him again a second time, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?” He said to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I love You.” He said to him, “Tend My sheep.”

He said to him the third time, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?” Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, “Do you love Me?” And he said to Him, “Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You.” Jesus said to him, “Feed My sheep.” John 21:15-17 (NKJV)

While listening to the local “Christian” radio station I heard a pastor explain, exactly what took place in John 21:15-17.

The first two times Jesus said “Do you love Me” to Peter, “love” was referring to “agape” love which is to say the highest form of love. 

The third time Jesus said “Do you love Me” to Peter, “love” was referring to “philo” love which the pastor himself labeled “a friendship kind of love”.

Each time Peter said “You know that I love You,” Peter was actually saying he loved Jesus as a friend.  Peter saying “Yes, Lord, You know that I love You” [as a friend]. 

That on the third time Jesus asked “Do you love Me” He had to switch from using “agape” love to “philo” love, to get on the same level as Peter. 

The pastor somehow knew Peter wasn’t getting it on the first two attempts thus causing Yeshua to “lower Himself to Peter’s level” to make it easier for Peter to understand “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me more than these?” 

By the way this pastor is a follower of the Anthanasian Creed which explains why he can’t [Biblically] prove his point.  Followers of that creed see man’s interpretation/understanding of scripture, as the “source” of their system of belief.  Just as it is with the Anthanasian Creeds [false] method of salvation, there’s no [Biblical] evidence of Peter not understanding Yeshua’s question.   

Jesus was talking [directly] to Peter.  Whoever/whatever “more than these” are, Peter had to choose which of them he loved more.  Jesus being the only other option.  When Yeshua said “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me more than these,” it set the stage for everything that was to follow.  This includes everything leading up to, Yeshua’s second coming, for that matter.

When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, “Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?” So they said, “Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” Simon Peter answered and said, You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” Matthew 16:13-16 (NKJV)

When Peter said “Yes, Lord; You know that I love You” to Yeshua, he knew exactly who he was speaking to.

God bless.
In His Care… Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment