From One Believer To Another

From One Believer to Another

If this is your first time visiting this blog, “Welcome!”

As you read, I pray you’ll not see me as being angry at anyone. Firm at times with some, I’ll agree with that. I know that no matter what a person has gone through, things they’ve said or done, or still doing for that matter, there’s a 50/50 chance of my having sought forgiveness for doing the exact same thing at one time or another. I know the battle is not against flesh and blood my friend.

Throughout this blog you will find me quoting things heard on the radio. You’ll not find the names of those who said these things in the posts. I do document their names, the date, time, and radio station call sign on my copy of the original document. I do not publish these details because our mission should be to expose the false teachings not to personally attack the person.

If you should continue reading my friend, you will find the Anthanasian Creed being exposed for what it is, a false doctrine. The word of God having the final say. My trusting in He who knows hears and sees all things, the God of the [Bible].

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Who Can Say the Meaning Behind I Love You?

“That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him,” Ephesians 1:17 (NKJV)

In the precious and beautiful name of Messiah Yeshua “Jesus,” greetings.

So when they had eaten breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me more than these?” He said to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I love You.” He said to him, “Feed My lambs.”

He said to him again a second time, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?” He said to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I love You.” He said to him, “Tend My sheep.”

He said to him the third time, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?” Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, “Do you love Me?” And he said to Him, “Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You.” Jesus said to him, “Feed My sheep.” John 21:15-17 (NKJV)

In the previous post I discussed something I heard on the local “Christian” radio station referring to Peter’s use of the words, “Yes, Lord; You know that I love You.”  Just a few hours after posting the previous post, Sounding Good to the Pastor Doesn’t Make It Good for You, a different pastor, this time hearing it on television, has me writing about the exact same thing.

The pastor on television said Peter’s “You know that I love You” meant Peter loved Jesus but just as a “philo” friend.  This exactly correlates with what the pastor on the radio said.  The television pastor added, “Peter knew he could only love Jesus as a friend because his love for Jesus can never compare with Jesus’ love for him.”

These two pastors have either come up with this idea on their own, been taught it at some “higher” place of learning (seminary), or read it somewhere in a book.  Peter left us no reason to believe “Yes, Lord; You know that I love You,” means he sees Jesus as [just] a friend.

Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, ‘I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.’” John 20:17 (NKJV) 

Peter’s death, by crucifixion, leads me to believe Peter loved Jesus [just] as Jesus loved him.  Not only that, it causes me to love both Jesus and Peter and with the same love Yeshua’s God and Father and Peter’s God and Father (who just so happens to be the all-knowing God of the [Bible]), loves me.  When I say “Thanks, I love You,” to the [Biblical] Yeshua for the things He has done for me, I don’t need anyone telling me what I mean.

  • Whatever it is that’s causing people to believe Peter’s “Yes, Lord; You know that I love You,” means Peter loved Jesus as [just] a friend, is hearsay at best.

It doesn’t matter the language a person speaks, or the many different ways “love” can be used [interpreted] for that matter.  Saying I love You to the [Biblical] Yeshua, is to agree with God’s plan of redemption and salvation for the world.

Just as it is with the radio pastor, the television one is a follower of the Anthanasian Creed.  I don’t need to think twice about where they’re coming from.  Followers of that creed can only see that which they have been taught, and by those believing the same as them.  Their [false] system of belief can only be traced back to 325-AD.  What they fail to see, the God of the [Bible] knowing hearing and seeing all things, will have them looking at themselves before judging others by a false system of belief.

God bless.
In His Care… Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment