From One Believer To Another

From One Believer to Another

If this is your first time visiting this blog, “Welcome!”

As you read, I pray you’ll not see me as being angry at anyone. Firm at times with some, I’ll agree with that. I know that no matter what a person has gone through, things they’ve said or done, or still doing for that matter, there’s a 50/50 chance of my having sought forgiveness for doing the exact same thing at one time or another. I know the battle is not against flesh and blood my friend.

Throughout this blog you will find me quoting things heard on the radio. You’ll not find the names of those who said these things in the posts. I do document their names, the date, time, and radio station call sign on my copy of the original document. I do not publish these details because our mission should be to expose the false teachings not to personally attack the person.

If you should continue reading my friend, you will find the Anthanasian Creed being exposed for what it is, a false doctrine. The word of God having the final say. My trusting in He who knows hears and sees all things, the God of the [Bible].

Friday, August 4, 2017

When I Hear The Word Doctrine

“That you may with one mind and with one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.” Romans 15:6 (NKJV)

In the precious and beautiful name of Messiah Yeshua “Jesus,” greetings.

While listening to the local “Christian” radio station I heard a pastor say, “You have the logos which means doctrine.”

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” John 1:1 (NKJV) 

This pastor is a follower of the Anthanasian Creed.  He believes a Greek translation of “Word” in John 1:1, which he’ll be the first to say [is] “logos,” makes Yeshua “God” in John 1:1.  This, so he thinks, gives him clear sailing to then make the Anthanasian Creeds method of salvation appear biblically sound, when it’s anything else but.

This pastor believes “You have the logos which means doctrine” isn’t a problem, but it is.  Not for me, for this pastor and those believing the same as he.  I don’t know about you but telling others the word that means doctrine also makes Yeshua “God” in John 1:1, “logos,” is a problem.  This pastor could use the word “logos” every which way but loose and it wouldn’t change a thing, it’s still a problem.  He’s saying it makes Yeshua “God” in John 1:1 and there’s no [Biblical] evidence of it being so.

Taking part in conversations concerning events that took place during [Biblical] times is one thing, the [Bible] encourages it.  Leaving them believing something is [Biblically] sound when there’s no [Biblical] evidence of it being so in the first place, crosses the line and I wouldn’t do that if I were you.

What this pastor has to say might make sense to some but with knowing the inspired word of God endures forever, I’m not buying it.

Jesus answered them and said, “My doctrine is not Mine, but His who sent Me.” John 7:16 (NKJV)

Let as many bondservants as are under the yolk count their own masters worthy of all honor, so that the name of our God and His doctrine may not be blasphemed. And those that have believing masters, let them not despise them because they are brethren, but rather serve them because those who are benefited are believers and beloved. Teach and exhort these things. 1 Timothy 6:1-2 (NKJV)

Whenever I hear the word doctrine, the last thing going through my mind is some Greek translation of a word found in the inspired word of God.

For those of you that don’t know already, I’m half Greek.  So I’m not blaming Greek people for anything here.  If you do know me, you’ll know the Anthanasian Creed [is] the problem.    

My doctrine is not Mine” the doctrine Messiah Yeshua is referring to in John 7:16 however, it’s deeply rooted in my heart.  It’s the first thing I think about when I hear the word doctrine.  Paul couldn’t have said it any better in 1 Timothy 6:1-2 when he wrote, “So that the name of our God and His doctrine may not be blasphemed.” 

When I hear the word doctrine, I know the only one that matters belongs to the all-knowing God of the [Bible].   

By the way this same Paul gave us, he being led by the Spirit of God to do so, “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ” in 2 Corinthians 1:3 and, Ephesians 1:3.

“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,” 2 Corinthians 1:3 (NKJV)

“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ.” Ephesians 1:3 (NKJV) 

Paul’s writings are so much more than just something to think about, for the person looking to make the Anthanasian Creeds “the Son is God” and “our Lord Jesus Christ” Messiah Yeshua one and the same that is, they settle the matter.  The Anthanasian Creeds “the Son is God” just doesn’t fit the [Biblical] narrative.    

This pastor on the radio may very well be [Biblically] saved, God knows.  One thing is for sure if he is, the word “logos” had absolutely nothing to do with him being saved.

At this point I thought this post was finished, but God.

This pastor on the radio was going on and on about how this one particular parable in the New Testament is the most difficult to understand.  How that many tried to explain it before him, but missed the mark.  He claimed to have studied this particular parable “in great lengths,” in preparation for his sermon.  Using what he called “the material of the scholars” none of which are mentioned in the inspired word of God, and his own understanding of this parable, I got to hear what he believes the best route to take when seeking [Biblical] truths. 

“We only want to know what a saved person says about the bible.”

False doctrines my friends, they make people say, and believe, strange things.  I don’t know about you but I agree with “We only want to know what a saved person says about the bible.”  Unfortunately, and for this pastor who obviously believes a person isn’t saved unless they agree with him, the only [safe] place to find those that are [Biblically] saved, is in the inspired word of God.

God bless.
In His Care… Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment