From One Believer To Another

From One Believer to Another

If this is your first time visiting this blog, “Welcome!”

As you read, I pray you’ll not see me as being angry at anyone. Firm at times with some, I’ll agree with that. I know that no matter what a person has gone through, things they’ve said or done, or still doing for that matter, there’s a 50/50 chance of my having sought forgiveness for doing the exact same thing at one time or another. I know the battle is not against flesh and blood my friend.

Throughout this blog you will find me quoting things heard on the radio. You’ll not find the names of those who said these things in the posts. I do document their names, the date, time, and radio station call sign on my copy of the original document. I do not publish these details because our mission should be to expose the false teachings not to personally attack the person.

If you should continue reading my friend, you will find the Anthanasian Creed being exposed for what it is, a false doctrine. The word of God having the final say. My trusting in He who knows hears and sees all things, the God of the [Bible].

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Keeping It Biblically Sound Is Key

“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,” 1 Peter 1:3 (NKJV)

In the precious and beautiful name of Messiah Yeshua “Jesus,” greetings.

Have you given any thought to what it was like to live in the first century, when Jesus walked on earth?  I have.  I’ve actually had the wonderful opportunity to play the role of Jesus in front of live audiences, in a variety of locations and on many different occasions.  I’ve had other [Biblical] roles as well, Paul, Nicodemus, Satan’s encounter with Jesus in the wilderness (a soliloquy), and others, but my all-time favorite is John the Dunker “Baptist”. 

As often as I’ve thought about the events that took place in the first century, the closest I’ve ever come to [actually] being there was while performing before live audiences, and some two thousand years later.  No complaints here, I enjoyed every minute of it.  I thanked God for each, and every, opportunity.

And the people stood looking on. But even the rulers with them sneered, saying, “He saved others; let Him save Himself if He is the Christ, the chosen of God.” Luke 23:35 (NKJV)

I know it’s only one verse of [Scripture] but in Luke 23:35, do you see any reason to believe Yeshua led those “rulers” to believe Yeshua was God?  Better yet if you were asked to play the role of one those [sneering] “rulers” today, would you be okay with saying “He saved others; let Him save Himself if He is the Christ, the chosen of God”?  I ask because saying Christ is “the chosen of God” presents a [serious] problem for some of the “systems” of belief floating around these days.

The woman said to Him, “I know that Messiah is coming” (who is also called Christ). “When He comes, He will tell us all things.” Jesus said to her, “I who speak to you am He.” John 4:25-26 (NKJV)

Isaiah 49:6 (NKJV): Indeed He says, “It is too small a thing that You should be My Servant. To raise up the tribes of Jacob, And to restore the preserved ones of Israel; I will give You as a light to the Gentiles, That You should be My salvation to the ends of the earth.”

“Behold! My Servant whom I have chosen, My Beloved in whom My soul is well pleased! I will put My Spirit upon Him, and He will declare justice to the Gentiles.  Matthew 12:18 (NKJV)

I’d be okay with saying “He saved others; let Him save Himself if He is the Christ, the chosen of God” because it proves these “rulers” were not only good listeners, they paid very close attention to the things Yeshua was doing as well.  Yeshua did save others.  He “I who speak to you am He” admitted to being “Messiah” Christ (John 4:25-26) and, He’s “My Servant whom I have chosen,” the chosen of God (Isaiah 49:6 and Matthew 12:18).

I don’t know about you but after reading Isaiah 49:6 and Matthew 12:18, I see the follower of the Anthanasian Creed having one heck of a time trying to explain how “the Son is God” can be, “the chosen of God”.  I certainly wouldn’t be found attempting to pull that one off, on stage, or at the local coffee house.  Knowing the inspired word of God endures forever, keeps me from even thinking about such a thing.

I can’t leave Luke 23:35 out there by itself.

Therefore, when the chief priest and officers saw Him, they cried out, saying, “Crucify Him, crucify Him!” Pilate said to them, “You take Him and crucify Him, for I find no fault in Him.” The Jews answered him, “We have a law, and according to our law He ought to die, because He made Himself the Son of God.” John 19:6-7 (NKJV)

When the “Jews” answered Pilate, saying, “We have a law, and according to our law He ought to die, because He made Himself the Son of God,” would you say Yeshua gave these “Jews” every reason to believe Yeshua is the Son of God?  I would.

God bless.
In His Care… Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment