From One Believer To Another

From One Believer to Another

If this is your first time visiting this blog, “Welcome!”

As you read, I pray you’ll not see me as being angry at anyone. Firm at times with some, I’ll agree with that. I know that no matter what a person has gone through, things they’ve said or done, or still doing for that matter, there’s a 50/50 chance of my having sought forgiveness for doing the exact same thing at one time or another. I know the battle is not against flesh and blood my friend.

Throughout this blog you will find me quoting things heard on the radio. You’ll not find the names of those who said these things in the posts. I do document their names, the date, time, and radio station call sign on my copy of the original document. I do not publish these details because our mission should be to expose the false teachings not to personally attack the person.

If you should continue reading my friend, you will find the Anthanasian Creed being exposed for what it is, a false doctrine. The word of God having the final say. My trusting in He who knows hears and sees all things, the God of the [Bible].

Saturday, January 26, 2019

Happy Forever!


Grace, mercy, and truth will be with you from God the Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love. 2 John 3 (NKJV)

In the name of Him who was given all authority in heaven and on earth, Messiah Yeshua “Jesus,” greetings. Matthew 28:18 (NKJV)

Todd is 30 years old and up until a week ago known for having nothing good to say about the [Bible].  Todd is now a firm believer in Jesus and people are amazed by the sudden change in Todd’s life.  Richard, whose 90 year old grandfather refuses to talk about Jesus, heard about the change in Todd’s life.  Richard hasn’t seen Todd for 10 years.  Richard and Todd are now on their way to see Richards grandfather.

Richard begins with, “I like what I’m hearing about you.  What turned you around?”

“The gospel of Jesus Christ,” replied Todd.  “This guy was going on and on about Jesus.  How I needed to repent and believe.  Instead of walking away as usual… this time was different Richard.  The more he talked about Jesus the more uncomfortable I felt about who I was.  Simply put I was doing it all wrong.  Turning from my wicked ways and believing in Jesus, is exactly what I needed to do.  How about you?  Have you repented of your sins and turned to Jesus?”

“I have,” replied Richard with great confidence.  “Best decision ever!  My grandfather isn’t doing well Todd.  I’m hoping he’ll see the change in your life.  He’s not listening to me.”

In a humorous way, Todd says, “I remember when your grandfather used to say I was just like him in his younger days.  To tell you the truth I liked hearing it.  He was always fun to be around.”

“He needs to see the difference Jesus made in your life,” said Richard.  “He needs Jesus.  Will you talk to him?”

As they face the front door of Richard’s grandfather’s house, Todd and Richard pray.

Richard begins with, “Heavenly Father… where to begin.  Thank You for the new Todd.  For sending Jesus to die on a cross for the sin of the world.  My grandfather God… thy will be done.”

Softly and with compassion, Todd says, “Yes Father.  Thy will be done.  In Jesus’ name we pray.”

Together Richard and Todd say, “Amen!”  Richard’s grandfather opens the door.

“Todd!  Come on in.  You look great,” said Richard’s grandfather with great joy.  Looking at Richard, “Why didn’t you tell me he was coming?  No.  The surprise was much better.”  Looking at Todd, quickly and cheerfully, “What has it been?  Ten Years?  Tell me, what have you been doing?”

“I’m a born again believer in Jesus Christ,” cried Todd with great joy.

“Well that’s news!” said Richard’s grandfather.  “Any chance of you changing your mind.”

“You either have Jesus or you don’t have Jesus.  And I have Jesus,” replied Todd convincingly.

“So it’s true,” said Richard’s grandfather happily.  “News travels fast around here.  They were right.  You’ve certainly changed.  I’m happy for you Todd.  Richard too.”

Looking at Richard’s grandfather, Todd says, “We want you to be with Jesus.  Happy forever.”

“I’m beyond all that.  Set in my ways.  There’s nothing Jesus could do for me now,” said Richard’s grandfather sadly.

With great compassion, looking at Richard’s grandfather, Todd says, “That’s the thing, He’s already done it for you.  You just have to believe in Him.”

“If you’re talking about Jesus dying on a cross, I believe that it happened,” replied Richard’s grandfather.  “I just don’t see what it has to do with me.”

Looking at Richard’s grandfather, “Jesus died on that cross for you,” said Todd convincingly. “You and everyone else like you.  It’s not too late.  You can settle the matter right now.  You either believe in Jesus or you don’t believe in Jesus.”

“Tell me more,” replied Richard’s grandfather.

Richard’s grandfather sought forgiveness and will be happy forever with Jesus, in the kingdom of God.

Would it have been better for Richard’s grandfather to be standing in a different place and time, when the Anthanasian Creed was birthed in 325-AD for example, than when Richard and Todd came to visit him this day?

Richard’s grandfather was in the right place, and at the right time.  There’s absolutely no reason to believe the Anthanasian Creed has anything to do with anyone being happy forever, which is to say with Jesus in the kingdom of God.  It was not needed to save Richard’s grandfather.

God bless.
In His Care… Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment