From One Believer To Another

From One Believer to Another

If this is your first time visiting this blog, “Welcome!”

As you read, I pray you’ll not see me as being angry at anyone. Firm at times with some, I’ll agree with that. I know that no matter what a person has gone through, things they’ve said or done, or still doing for that matter, there’s a 50/50 chance of my having sought forgiveness for doing the exact same thing at one time or another. I know the battle is not against flesh and blood my friend.

Throughout this blog you will find me quoting things heard on the radio. You’ll not find the names of those who said these things in the posts. I do document their names, the date, time, and radio station call sign on my copy of the original document. I do not publish these details because our mission should be to expose the false teachings not to personally attack the person.

If you should continue reading my friend, you will find the Anthanasian Creed being exposed for what it is, a false doctrine. The word of God having the final say. My trusting in He who knows hears and sees all things, the God of the [Bible].

Sunday, January 6, 2019

It Is In The Bible


“We give thanks to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you.” Colossians 1:3 (NKJV)

In the name of Him who makes us kings and priests to His God and Father, Messiah Yeshua “Jesus,” greetings.  Revelation 1:6 (NKJV)

It’s Tuesday.  Fred finds himself in the back of a large department store.  Within hearing distance of John and Emily who confess to be Christians and their friend Eric who like Fred does not.  Fred doesn’t know John Emily or Eric but is curious about what’s taking place before his very eyes.  John and Emily have had a couple of lengthy conversation with Eric about Jesus in the recent past.  Henry who is unknown to John, Emily, Eric and Fred, but who confesses to be a Christian is nearby.  He didn’t intend to ease drop but has found he is more interested in what’s being said, than the possibly of Eric getting saved.

Emily and John encounter Eric in the store.  She Emily begins with, “Eric.  We were just talking about you.  All is well?”

“John.  Emily.  Good to see you.  All is well.  I’ve been doing a lot of thinking… about Jesus,” replied Eric.

With great joy John says to Eric, “That’s great!  We’ve been praying… this thinking, is it a good thing?”

“Good thing?  I’d say so,” said Eric convincingly.  “I knew about Jesus.  I just didn’t know he died on that cross for me.  I’ve been reading the bible and what you’ve been saying about Jesus is true.  I am a sinner, and I have realized I need Jesus.”

“No time like the present,” said Emily calmly.

“Right here, in the photo department,” said Eric looking concerned.

In a comforting way John says to Eric, “I was waiting in line to use the rest room at the hardware store when I got saved.”

Interrupting John, Eric says, “Good enough for me.  Do we have to hold hands?”

“No need to hold hands Eric.  This is between you and God,” explained John.

Happily, Emily says, “You and God.  We’ve talked about the significance of believing in Jesus.  Just say what’s on your heart Eric.”

With a soft and peaceful voice, and eyes closed, Eric says, “God.  I know I’m a sinner.  I also know and believe Jesus died for my sins.  I believe in Jesus God.  Forgive me for not realizing it sooner.  For John and Emily it’s easy, telling others about Jesus, but I’m going to need some help.  Help me.  I read about how you loved the world in the bible God.  I want you to know that I love you.” 

With eyes opened, Eric says to John and Emily, “You said when a person accepts Jesus into their heart their whole life changes.  I just told God that I love him.” 

“God loves you too Eric.  We love you.  Don’t ever lose sight of the cross or what Jesus did for you that day.  It’s what gets us through each day,” said Emily compassionately.  “Remember what we said about being born again?  How who we used to be dies the moment we believe in Jesus?  You telling God that you love him, that’s the new you Eric.”

With John and Emily holding Eric’s hand, John says, “That is the new you Eric.  Born again!  Thank you Jesus.  Welcome to the family of God my brother in Christ.”

Ten minutes later.  The mismatched group again finds themselves together at the checkout counter.  Eric finds himself third in line, with John and Emily behind them, Fred happens to be behind John, and Henry walks up and settles in line behind Fred.  Eric, John, and Emily are talking about what took place at the back of the store.

Looking to get Eric’s attention the cashier, says, “Next.  Excuse me sir.  You’re next in line.”

Eric with his back to the cashier notices Henry pointing towards the cashier.  Realizing he’s holding up the line but wants to continue talking with John and Emily.  Eric invites Fred to move to the front of the line.  Fred is enjoying the conversation as well and invited Henry to move to the front of the line.  Henry accepts.  Eric continues talking with John and Emily.  Henry completes the transaction.  Leaves the store.  With the hopes of talking with Fred, Henry waits outside.

“Keep the line moving,” said the cashier in a friendly manner.

With John encouraging Eric to do so, Eric turns and faces the cashier, saying, “I’m so sorry, forgive me.  I just got born again.”

“I heard,” replied the cashier.  “I remember when I got saved which is why I need to keep the line moving.  God, and my supervisor, are watching.  You’ll understand soon enough brother.”

Eric completes the transaction and leaves the store.  John, Emily, and Fred have a conversation in the store and Fred gets saved as well.

Meanwhile outside the store, Eric is hurrying to get home to tell his family what happened, when he encounters Henry waiting, “Eric.  Excuse me.  Just a second.  Can we talk?”

Slowing down and with a confused look on his face, “Sure.  What about?” replied Eric.

Looking to ease the tension, Henry says to Eric, “I was at the back of the store and overheard your conversation with that couple.  My name is Henry.”

With total confidence and joy, “Me getting saved!  I remember seeing you there and at the checkout line,” explained Eric.  “How can I help you?”

“I’m not so sure about you being saved Eric,” said Henry.

“Everything I experienced these past few weeks was for not?” said Eric shocked by what he had just heard.  “Realizing I need Jesus?  Telling God that I love him?  I’m on my way home to tell my family about what just took place and you’re saying there’s no…”

Interrupting Eric, Henry says, “I love God Eric but that alone doesn’t assure my salvation.”

Eric is not feeling too good about the conversation so far, Fred has just emerged from the store and is within hearing distance of Eric and Henry’s conversation.  Eric says to Henry, “Is that how you demonstrate that love, telling me I’m not saved?”

“Brother Eric!  I got saved too!  Remember what the cashier said, ‘You’ll understand soon enough’?  That was the moment I realized that I needed Jesus,” cried Fred with great joy.

Eric looking at Henry and pointing towards Fred, says to Henry, “is he saved?”

“I don’t know.  I wasn’t there,” said Henry.  “Eric.  The only thing you should take away from today is the cashier’s ‘You’ll understand soon enough,’ because unless you believe the doctrine of the trinity you’re not saved.”

The doctrine of the “Trinity” doesn’t exist, if not for the Anthanasian Creed.  Followers of the Anthanasian Creed are forced to say it is more important than the [Bible].  “The Son is God” is a must have for them.

When it comes to the salvation of one’s soul, the Anthanasian Creed has absolutely nothing to do with it.  Both Eric and Fred are saved, not because I say so, but because the [Bible] does.

God Bless.
In His Care… Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment