From One Believer To Another

From One Believer to Another

If this is your first time visiting this blog, “Welcome!”

As you read, I pray you’ll not see me as being angry at anyone. Firm at times with some, I’ll agree with that. I know that no matter what a person has gone through, things they’ve said or done, or still doing for that matter, there’s a 50/50 chance of my having sought forgiveness for doing the exact same thing at one time or another. I know the battle is not against flesh and blood my friend.

Throughout this blog you will find me quoting things heard on the radio. You’ll not find the names of those who said these things in the posts. I do document their names, the date, time, and radio station call sign on my copy of the original document. I do not publish these details because our mission should be to expose the false teachings not to personally attack the person.

If you should continue reading my friend, you will find the Anthanasian Creed being exposed for what it is, a false doctrine. The word of God having the final say. My trusting in He who knows hears and sees all things, the God of the [Bible].

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Be Merciful To Me A Sinner


“That you may with one mind and with one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.” Romans 15:6 (NKJV)

In the name of Him who makes us kings and priests to His God and Father, Messiah Yeshua “Jesus,” greetings.  See Revelation 1:6 (NKJV)

Also He spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’ And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts themselves will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.” Luke 18:9-14 (NKJV)

I heard something recently on television that [immediately] brought “this parable” to my mind, specifically the part where “Two men went up to the temple to pray.”  There’s no need to mention what I heard here but the fact that it caused me to call someone “a Pharisee” however, is worth mentioning.  Don’t let your mind wander to far here.  Just prior to my calling the speaker on television “a Pharisee,” I was the one taking my eyes off Jesus.  I have no idea where the one I called “a Pharisee” stands with, Jesus.

The Anthanasian Creed doesn’t fit the [Biblical] narrative.  Its having to believe [or else] the doctrine of the trinity to be saved, false method of salvation, has [absolutely] everything to do with man’s desire to add onto what Jesus accomplished in the first century.  The time to stop selling the Anthanasian Creed as sound doctrine, has passed its time.

There was a time when I looked at followers of the Anthanasian Creed, as people who are willing to believe anything.  I can’t remember the [exact] moment it occurred but the moment I realized (by the grace of God) that by believing such a thing, I took my eyes off Jesus.  A “God, be merciful to me a sinner,” moment.  From that moment on I entered a time of repentance.  I had been found judging their belief in the Anthanasian Creed while not looking at the one thing that mattered.  Are they saved?   

Could the follower of the Anthanasian Creed be saved?  “Yes,” if they [believe in] accept what Jesus accomplished in the first century, they are saved according to the [Scriptures].

As one who loves Jesus, and who rejects all things adding to and/or subtracting from what Jesus accomplished in the first century, I say “God, be merciful to me a sinner” moments and “he who humbles himself” before God, go hand in hand.

It is time for us to refocus our eyes on Jesus and to stop judging others for their beliefs that have no bearing on their salvation.  Luke 18:9-14, shows the [Bible] really does point us in the right direction.

God Bless.
In His Care… Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment