From One Believer To Another

From One Believer to Another

If this is your first time visiting this blog, “Welcome!”

As you read, I pray you’ll not see me as being angry at anyone. Firm at times with some, I’ll agree with that. I know that no matter what a person has gone through, things they’ve said or done, or still doing for that matter, there’s a 50/50 chance of my having sought forgiveness for doing the exact same thing at one time or another. I know the battle is not against flesh and blood my friend.

Throughout this blog you will find me quoting things heard on the radio. You’ll not find the names of those who said these things in the posts. I do document their names, the date, time, and radio station call sign on my copy of the original document. I do not publish these details because our mission should be to expose the false teachings not to personally attack the person.

If you should continue reading my friend, you will find the Anthanasian Creed being exposed for what it is, a false doctrine. The word of God having the final say. My trusting in He who knows hears and sees all things, the God of the [Bible].

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Do You Understand What You Are Reading?


“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.” 1 Peter 1:3 (NKJV)

In the name of He who when being asked “Are You then the Son of God” answered “You rightly say that I am,” Messiah Yeshua “Jesus,” greetings.  See Luke 22:70 (NKJV)

Before reading on, I ask that you take the time to read Acts 8:26-40.  It gives us an encounter between Philip and a man of Ethiopia.  The encounter took place in the desert somewhere between Jerusalem and Gaza.  I use the New King James Version of the [Bible]. 

Finished reading Acts 8:26-40?  As you read, Philip was told by an angel of the Lord to arise and go south, and he went.  He, was told by the Spirit to “Go near and overtake this chariot,” and he did.  Philip, heard the Ethiopian man, who had just left Jerusalem where he went to worship and is now returning. Philip found him sitting in his chariot and reading the book of Isaiah.  Philip asked him “Do you understand what you are reading?”

The Ethiopian answers, “How can I, unless someone guides me” and invites Philip to sit with him and then asked Philip, “Of whom does the prophet say this, of himself or some other man?”

Then Philip opened his mouth, and begins at this Scripture, preached Jesus to him. Now as they came down the road, they came to some water. And the eunuch (Ethiopian) said, “See, here is water. What hinders me from being baptized?” Then Philip said, “If you believe with all your heart, you may.” And he answered and said, “I believe that Jesus is the Son of God.”  Acts 8:35-37

The Ethiopian man was saved the moment he “answered and said, “I believe that Jesus is the Son of God.”  The Anthanasian Creed has yet to make its way to the drawing board at this time, because it wasn’t birthed until 325-AD.  Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God (1 John 4:15).

Let’s fast forward to the twenty first century where unlike those who lived in 325-AD, the common person has access to the [Bible].  It wouldn’t be hard to find someone knowing something about Jesus, that does not agree with the [Scriptures]. 

I’m not surprised by the way people treat the [Bible].  In a world bent on silencing [Biblical] truths, contrasted with supporting the Anthanasian Creeds additions to them.  I’m certainly not happy with the way some people mistreat Jesus’ teachings, but even I know His teachings tell us we’re all going to be guilty of doing it, at one time or another.

This is why [believing in] accepting what Jesus accomplished in the first century, that is to be saved according to the [Scriptures], is the safest place to be.  With Jesus our sins have been forgiven, the kingdom of God our final [eternal] resting place.  A place where the cares of this world and things like the coronavirus, are left behind.

Then Philip” “preached Jesus to him.”  Now is not the time to stray from what has been clearly laid out for us the [Bible], especially Jesus’ teachings.  When an opportunity presents itself, that is to tell someone what they really need to know, “Preach Jesus to” them.  Philip’s encounter with the Ethiopian man in the first century sets the stage for us today, as to why we’re to trust the word of God, especially what Jesus accomplished in the first century.

I know that just as the [Bible] is more than sufficient enough as is, and the coronavirus isn’t something to take lightly.  I’m heeding the expert’s advice (White House task force), but I’m not depended upon them for my salvation.  The coronavirus has changed my daily activities but not my faith in Jesus Christ.  Even if everything related to the coronavirus was predictable, my daily routine would change, but my focus on Jesus would forever remain the same. 

I will continue trusting the all-knowing God of the [Bible].  I will treat others with respect that is keep proper distance when walking our dog, picking up items at the store or getting local take-out.  I know there’ll be plenty of opportunities to tell others about Jesus, even with having to be six feet away from one another or whatever that distance ends up being.

Stay well, and stay safe.  Most importantly, [believe in] accept what Jesus accomplished in the first century.

God bless.
In His Care… Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment