From One Believer To Another

From One Believer to Another

If this is your first time visiting this blog, “Welcome!”

As you read, I pray you’ll not see me as being angry at anyone. Firm at times with some, I’ll agree with that. I know that no matter what a person has gone through, things they’ve said or done, or still doing for that matter, there’s a 50/50 chance of my having sought forgiveness for doing the exact same thing at one time or another. I know the battle is not against flesh and blood my friend.

Throughout this blog you will find me quoting things heard on the radio. You’ll not find the names of those who said these things in the posts. I do document their names, the date, time, and radio station call sign on my copy of the original document. I do not publish these details because our mission should be to expose the false teachings not to personally attack the person.

If you should continue reading my friend, you will find the Anthanasian Creed being exposed for what it is, a false doctrine. The word of God having the final say. My trusting in He who knows hears and sees all things, the God of the [Bible].

Thursday, November 22, 2018

Find Jesus!


Grace, mercy, and truth will be with you from God the Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love. 2 John 3 (NKJV)

In the precious and beautiful name of Messiah Yeshua “Jesus,” greetings.

While listening to the local “Christian” radio station I heard, “If you’re here today and investigating Christianity…”  The speaker on the radio is a follower of the Anthanasian Creed.  As one rejecting the Anthanasian Creed I’d say if you are investigating Christianity, start with the [Bible] and don’t stop until you trust the [Bible] alone to be more than sufficient enough as is.

It’s Saturday.  After a week of twelve to sixteen hour work days, Anthony “Tony” needs time to relax.  Tony’s friends, Mark, Hector and Brett, who are regular church goers recommended a movie to Tony and offered to pick up the tab.  Tony has no desire to attend a local church with them but accepted their offer. Tony and his friends also agreed to meet at the local coffee house after the one o’clock showing. Tony arrives at the theater, with twenty minutes to spare.  It’s time for Tony to choose the movie.
                                                      
Now Showing
1:00—4:30—8:00 PM

Theater One             Theater Two                        Theater Three
   The Bible      Anthanasian Creed           Earthly Institutions Called Church

As he reads the titles, thinking of his friends and whispering to himself, Tony says, “If this doesn’t make me want to go back to work I don’t know what will.  They’re buying… what do I have to lose.  They did recommend Earthly Institutions Called Church.  Anthanasian Creed…creeds have something to do with church.  [The] Bible, church.  Earthly Institutions Called Church it is.  I like the title and I can leave any time I want.” 

After getting what has to be the largest tub of popcorn ever, two boxes of candy and a bottled water, bought and paid for by Tony’s friends, he hands his ticket over to the attendant and finds his seat.

After the movie Tony goes straight to the local coffee house and low and behold Mark, Hector, and Brett were there to greet him.

“Tony… over here!  Let me get your coffee,” said Mark.  Tony acknowledges with a hand wave to stay put and orders his coffee.  With coffee in hand Tony joins his three friends.

Tony begins with, “After seeing Earthly Institutions Called Church, there’s a zero percent chance of you ever getting me to go church.”

“They’re cults… those people in the movie aren’t saved.  They don’t teach the bible in those churches.  I wouldn’t go to one of them either.  Not all churches are like that, ours isn’t,” explained Mark.

A total stranger seated within hearing distance of the conversation, firmly and with no introduction looked at Tony and chimed in, “I just came from the movie myself and it wasn’t meant to keep you from going to church, it was meant to expose false teachings.  You need to find Jesus.”  At that the stranger turned to walk out the door.

Touched by the stranger’s words Tony starts to have a change of heart, “Mark, Hector, Brett, I’m sure you guys aren’t chasing after false teachings like those cults.  I think I need to find Jesus.  Maybe I need to go to your church tomorrow,” said Tony.

With a sigh of relief, “We’ll pick you up at ten… we will do this together,” replied Hector.

It’s Sunday.  Church has ended.  Tony and his friends arrive back at the same coffee house to discuss what just took place at church.

Tony begins with a soft but serious tone, “Your pastor who speaks very highly of what he believes, made it crystal clear.  He left me no choice unless I believe what he believes, I cannot be saved.  I can come to church with you but unless I believe what you believe, I can’t be a member of it.  What’s causing you to believe there’s a difference between your church and those you’ve chosen to stay clear of because I can tell you there isn’t?”

“The difference is we believe the bible,” said Mark.

“Mark, your church, the churches mentioned in the movie, have their own interpretations of the Bible.  If there is one thing I’ve learned these past two days, it’s that.  The way I see it the Bible’s not the problem here,” replied Tony.  “I’ve been saying it all along, why I won’t go to church.  There’s no way to agree on anything, when everyone believes their way is the only way.  Remember what that man said to me yesterday?  Find Jesus.  That’s exactly what I intend to do.  If the Bible is true, it will show me the way.  Imagine that, what church goers have been trying to get me to do for years a total stranger gets it done in matter of seconds.  What’s that you always say?  God works in mysterious ways.”

A person can choose to believe whatever they like, how they explain it will reveal what’s behind it all.  There’s a good explanation as to why people just can’t seem to get along with one another these days, in church, outside the church.  They don’t trust the inspired word of God, the [Bible], to be more than sufficient enough as is.  I can’t imagine everyone getting along in a world bent of silencing [Biblical] truths.  I can only look forward to it with Jesus.

Find Jesus!

God bless.
In His Care… Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment