From One Believer To Another

From One Believer to Another

If this is your first time visiting this blog, “Welcome!”

As you read, I pray you’ll not see me as being angry at anyone. Firm at times with some, I’ll agree with that. I know that no matter what a person has gone through, things they’ve said or done, or still doing for that matter, there’s a 50/50 chance of my having sought forgiveness for doing the exact same thing at one time or another. I know the battle is not against flesh and blood my friend.

Throughout this blog you will find me quoting things heard on the radio. You’ll not find the names of those who said these things in the posts. I do document their names, the date, time, and radio station call sign on my copy of the original document. I do not publish these details because our mission should be to expose the false teachings not to personally attack the person.

If you should continue reading my friend, you will find the Anthanasian Creed being exposed for what it is, a false doctrine. The word of God having the final say. My trusting in He who knows hears and sees all things, the God of the [Bible].

Thursday, November 8, 2018

What About the One Confessing Jesus is the Son of God?


“That you may with one mind and with one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.” Romans 15:6 (NKJV)

In the only name given among men by which we must be saved, Messiah Yeshua “Jesus,” greetings.

When biblical truths collide with man’s understanding of them, some would call them sermons.  I call them misleading.  God’s increase is guaranteed when the gospel of Jesus Christ is preached in truth.  Everyone that hears it should expect God’s increase to come their way.  There’s nothing wrong with quoting [Scripture], but if one treats them as insufficient on their own and adds to them it leads to false teachings.

Sam and Ellen work for a rather large company.  They’ve met on few occasions, but the only thing one knows about the other is work related.  An opportunity for the company to expand has made itself available. They are being sent to a meeting at a location two hours away.  With little time to waste, they gather up their things and meet in the parking lot.

Safely on the road, Ellen says to Sam, “Congratulations Sam, this is a great opportunity and I’m looking forward to working together with you.”

“Congratulations to you as well.  I’ve been praying for an opportunity like this and here we are smack dab in the middle of it,” said Sam happily.

Caught off guard by Sam’s remark, “I’ve been praying for it as well, are you a Christian?” Ellen said joyfully.

“Born again.  Bought by the blood of Jesus.  I am.  This is working out better than I thought,” said Sam with great relief.

“Praise God!   What we’re bringing to the table Sam, will sell itself.  All we have to do now is let go, and let God,” Ellen said.

“Let go and let God.  I like that.  So tell me about your church, are you doing anything special for Christmas,” asked Sam.

“We’re focusing on the usual, Jesus’ birth, singing songs, things like that, and water baptism,” replied Ellen.

“I love this time of year… did you say water baptism,” asked Sam.

Quickly Ellen replied, “I did!”

“In all my years I’ve yet to witness anyone getting baptized on Christmas Day,” said Sam.

“Have you been baptized in water Sam?” asked Ellen.

“No.  I’ve thought about it but we don’t have a water tank at our church.  It’s a small church and on a good day we’ll have fifteen to twenty people,” said Sam.

“What then do you believe?” asked Ellen with great concern.

“I believe in Jesus, that He is the way, the truth, and the life,” said Sam. 

“No one can come to the Father except through Him,” Ellen interrupted.

“At our church, in addition to Jesus, we teach the significance of creeds, doctrines, and having to believe the doctrine of the trinity to be saved.  There is no emphasis put on water baptism but I have a feeling you’re concerned about me not being baptized in water,” said Sam. 

“I am concerned.  You’re not saved without having been baptized in water,” replied Ellen.

“What about the person in the middle of the desert, just prior to them taking their last breathe here on earth, now confessing Jesus is the Son of God, the Lord and the Savior of their life, and there’s no water to be found, is that person not saved,” asked Sam.

“I could say the same to you.  I confess Jesus is the Son of God, the Lord and the Savior of my life, and I reject the Anthanasian Creed altogether and thus the doctrine of the trinity, am I not saved,” asked Ellen.

Obviously having to believe [or else] the doctrine of the “Trinity” or to be baptized in water to be saved has absolutely nothing to do with the salvation of one’s soul.  There is no [Biblical] mandate stating one has to believe the doctrine of the “Trinity” or to be baptized in water, to be saved. 

Knowing God’s increase is guaranteed when the gospel of Jesus Christ is preached in truth, I can safely say, the person confessing Jesus is the Son of God, the Lord and the Savior of their life, is saved.

God bless.
In His Care… Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment