From One Believer To Another

From One Believer to Another

If this is your first time visiting this blog, “Welcome!”

As you read, I pray you’ll not see me as being angry at anyone. Firm at times with some, I’ll agree with that. I know that no matter what a person has gone through, things they’ve said or done, or still doing for that matter, there’s a 50/50 chance of my having sought forgiveness for doing the exact same thing at one time or another. I know the battle is not against flesh and blood my friend.

Throughout this blog you will find me quoting things heard on the radio. You’ll not find the names of those who said these things in the posts. I do document their names, the date, time, and radio station call sign on my copy of the original document. I do not publish these details because our mission should be to expose the false teachings not to personally attack the person.

If you should continue reading my friend, you will find the Anthanasian Creed being exposed for what it is, a false doctrine. The word of God having the final say. My trusting in He who knows hears and sees all things, the God of the [Bible].

Monday, November 19, 2018

The One Way Ticket to Paradise


“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.” 1 Peter 1:3 (NKJV)

In the name of Him who was given all authority in heaven and on earth, Messiah Yeshua “Jesus,” greetings. Matthew 28:18 (NKJV)

Now the Angel of the Lord found her by a spring of water in the wilderness, by the spring on the way to Shur. And He said, “Hagar, Saria’s maid, where have you come from, and where are you going?” She said, I am fleeing from the presence of my mistress Saria.” The Angel of the Lord said to her, “Return to your mistress, and submit yourself under her hand.”  Genesis 16:7-9 (NKJV)

Moving to Genesis 16:13, “she” is referring to Hagar:

Then she called the name of the Lord who spoke to her, You-Are-the-God-Who-Sees; for she said, Have I also here seen Him who sees me?”

While listening to the local “Christian” radio station I heard, “Who is the Angel of God?”  The speaker on the radio gave four examples where “Angel of God” is mentioned in the [Bible].  The speaker’s message however was centered on the conversation between “the Angel of the Lord” and, Hagar.  The speaker is a follower of the Anthanasian Creed. 

The Anthanasian Creed creates one problem after another for its followers.  By relying on this creed, they are basing their beliefs on non-Biblical texts that contradict the [Bible].  That alone implies that they are not treating the [Bible] as a reliable source.  The longer they cling to the Anthanasian Creed, the easier it becomes for them to say things are in the [Bible] when they’re not.

As we continue keep this in mind, “the Angel of the Lord found” Hagar “by a spring of water in the wilderness.”  I believe some of you have already figured out where this is going.   

The speaker believes the “bible” says “the Angel of the Lord” is Jesus “God.”  The speaker bases this on Hager saying in Genesis 16:13, “You-Are-the-God-Who-Sees” and “Have I also here seen Him who sees me?”  What Hagar said is found in the [Bible], but it doesn’t make Jesus “the Angel of the Lord,” God.  Hager is asking a question of “the Angel of the Lord,” but the [Bible] does not provide us with any answer “the Angel of the Lord” may have given her.

Not that anyone has seen the Father, except He who is from God; He has seen the Father.” John 6:46 (NKJV)

Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, ‘I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.’” John 20:17 (NKJV)

Jesus’ brethren’s God and Father and Jesus’ God and Father are one and the same (John 20:17).  Unless Jesus is lying when He said “Not that anyone has seen the Father in John 6:46, Hagar didn’t see God.  When Jesus speaks of “the Father,” He’s referring to His God and Father (John 20:17).  Jesus could not be more specific about this.

The speaker [really] does believe Hagar was looking at “God” because the speaker believes, “the Son is God.”  I know this because the Anthanasian Creeds “the Son is God” is defined by that creed, even at the expense of these things Jesus said.  According to John 6:46 and 20:17, Hagar wasn’t looking at Jesus’ God.   

“Also I say to you, whoever confesses Me before men, him the Son of Man will also confess before the angels of God. But he who denies Me before men will be denied before the angels of God.” Luke 12:8-9 (NKJV) 

Jesus tells us “the angels of God” play a significant role in God’s plan of salvation (Luke 12:8-9).  The angels are neither Jesus nor are they God but are exactly what the [Bible] says they are, angels of God.  There are many angels referenced in the [Bible] passing along God’s messages.

“And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write, ‘These things says the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet like fine brass:’” Revelation 2:18 (NKJV) 

Jesus wants us to believe He is, “the Son of God.”  Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.  1 John 4:15 (NKJV)

Then he said to Jesus, “Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom.” And Jesus said to him, “Assuredly, I say to you, today you shall be with Me in Paradise.” Luke 23:42-43 (NKJV)

When I picture Jesus dying on the cross for me, knowing one of the two crucified with Jesus that day is with Jesus (Luke 23:42-43), I see no reason to believe the Anthanasian Creed for anything, let alone a one way ticket to “Paradise.”

“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”  John 3:16 (NKJV)

It is my obligation to tell you there’s only one way to “Paradise,” believe “in” Jesus.

God bless.
In His Care… Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment